UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource that assists clinicians with point-of-care decisions.
More than 1.9 million clinicians in 190+ countries rely on UpToDate® to make the best care decisions and stay abreast of contemporary standards in the workflow and on-the-go. UpToDate is the only resource associated with improved patient outcomes and hospital performance, and studies show that clinicians who use UpToDate change their decisions 30 percent of the time. More than 7,100 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations. Every day, clinicians view topics covering 25 specialties over 1.6 million times.
Users searching UpToDate will find:
- Synthesized topic reviews that cover major medical specialties, symptoms, diagnoses, tests, and treatments, written, in short, concise paragraphs.
- Drug Monographs
- Drug Interactions
- Society Guidelines
- Access graded treatment recommendations, utilizing the GRADE system.
- Access Clinical Calculators and a Drug Interactions Database are available.
- Print patient education information.
- Updated approximately every 4 months.